Athens Art & Culture Association tips of Athens Issue 34
Events in the city
|Friday2 October||Egipcian Lover* Live & Dj Show with one of the pionners of electronic music scenes. Place: Bios 84 Pireos St. h 22:30 € 5The Last Page Indie/Garage/Rock’n’Roll Music. Place: Ennea Bar 9 Tornavitou St. Psirri. h 21.30. Free|
AndReas FuzzBox / Dj Jes ELectRo/tEch beAtz.
Place: SKULLBAR L.Katsoni 11 + Ippokratous, Exarchia (from L. Aleksandra) h. 23:55 € 7 + drink
|Saturday3 October||Blend Club Opening* New club-electronic dance scene. Place: Blend Club 11 Aristophanes St. Psirri.h 12.00 pm € 20 with drink|
3×3 Contemporany music from Greece and the USA. Place: TAF 5 Normanou St, Monastiraki. h 8:30 €15
Goodness of Death Techno/Trance/Dj’s Place: Lavabore Club 25 Fillelion St. Syntagma Sq. h 2.30 Free
|Sunday4 October||VHS “Very Hot Stuff” 80’s/Disco Music. Place: The Society 6 Kolokotroni St. h 20:00 FreeKeep sweatin Hip/Hop/RnB. Place: Candy Bar 11 Aristofanous St. h 23:30 Free.|
|Monday5 October||Jazz in town Live Jazz Place: Ghost House 26 Lepeniotou 1st floor, Psirri.|
|Tuesday6 October||Ginder Ale Jazzy spirit with acid touch in an intimate atmosphere. Place: Ginger Ale 74 Themistocleous Square h 22:00 Free|
|Wednesday7 October||Salvatore Adamo* Concert to benefit the Breast Cancer Action Fund. Place: Megaron Mouiki Athens Music Hall Vassilissis Sofias & Kokkalis St. h 20.30 From € 20.Kevin Yost House/Tech/Dj set. Place: Candy Bar 41 Iera Odos, Gazi. h 23:25|
|Thursday 8 October||Mafia Party. Introducing new album of Matisse, one of the most popular bands of Greek alternative scene. Place: Swing 8 Lakhoy St. h 22:30. Free|
|Friday 9 October||MTV DAY 2009* Tokio Hotel (Alternative Rock) presenting in world premiere their new album, Myronas Stratis (Greek pop-rock), Professional Sinnerz (Greek hiphop, electro) and more…Place: OAKA Basketball Arena 37 Kifissias St. Maorussi. Nearest Train Station: Irini & Neratziotissa Stations (L1) h 17:00. Ticket € 7|
Selling Ticket Points for MTV Day: 1. www.ticketservices.gr 2. Public Music Store, Syntagma Square 3. Ticket House, 42 Panepistimiou St.
Events @ AthenStyle
Exhibition “Multicultural” by Tommaso Chiappa. Paintings by the Italian artist. At AthenStyle Basement
Sunday 04 & Thursday 08 Free Citywalks. Join us to a walk through downtown Athens. We will visit the city center, historical sites, an a museum.
h 10.15 at AthenStyle Lounge
Ongoing Exhibitions in Art Bars (free)
- “Other world’s souvenirs” Art Exhibition. Until 22/10. (TAF 5 Normanou St, Monastiraki) 2 min. from the hostel!! Have a drink in a cultural environment. Opening hours 19.00 to 1.00.
- Katerina Kyriazopoulou – Pop-art collage. Until 31/12. (Zazzium, 33 Ippokratous & Didotou, Exarchia)
Ongoing Exhibitions in Art Galleries
- Mark Titchner Exhibition. Light boxes, video and sculpture installations. Until 21/10 (Hellenic American Union Galleries 22 Μassalias St., Κolonaki. Panepistimio Metro L2) Free
- (Technopolis, 100 Peiraios, Gazi)
- “Bad girls don’t go to heaven” Contemporary Art Exhibition of a group of international female artist. Until 4/10 (AD Gallery 47 Iassonos St. -2nd floor-, Kerameikos)
- “Dom” Art Exhibition. Until 10/10 (a.antonopoulou.art, 20 Aristofanous, Psyrri)
- “Man, Dream and Fear” Art Exhibition of Palle Nielsen, Danish graphic artist. Until 25/10 (Cycladic Art Museum, 4 Neof. Douka) Mon-Sat 10-17 Tuesday closed.
- Manolis Babusis. Installation without title in a neoclassical building. Until 4/10. (Center of Modern Art Ileana Tiounda. Direction: Keramikou, Thermiopilon, Keramikos
- “Wood Sculptures” Sculpted Stories. Until 16/10. (Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Athens 50 Academias St.) Tue-Sat 9-13/17-21 Sunday 9-13.
- “Ancient Athenian Women”* – Temporary Exhibition. Until 30/11. 5€. (National Archaeological Museum, 44 Patission Ave.)
- James Ensor. Art Exhibition of the Belgian expressionist. Until 1/12 (New Benaki Museum Pireos, 138 Pireos Av. Kerameikos L3) Wen,Thu-Sun 10:00-18:00 Fri-Sat 10:00-22:00 €3
30 SEP- 4 OCT @ 1ST INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF THEATER ROAD
For five days, vans and street performances will be presented by Greek and foreign groups in locations in the historic centre and around the Acropolis places (Sytagma Sq, Kallimarmaro Stadium, Monastiraki, Thissio the Metaxourgio, the Kapnikarea, the Hermes of Dionysius Areopagite and Gazi)
2-9 OCT @ JAMES TAYLOR QUARTER AT THE HALF NOTE JAZZ CLUB*
Since the mid-1980s, the hot and funky James Taylor Quartet has been charting the course for the phenomenon known as acid jazz, which includes all the essence and power of funk and soul.
Place: Halfnote. 17 Trivonianou St. Mets District. (Lines 1-2 Leoforous Vouilagmenis) h 22:30. Tickets from €30 (€20 students) including a drink. www.ticketnet.gr
NEW ACROPOLIS MUSEUM OPENING TO THE PUBLIC*:
From 21 June 2009 to 31 December 2009, the cost of entry for all visitors is 1 euro. Open: Tuesday to Sunday 8.00-20.00h.