Athens Art & Culture Association. Issue 43. Events in the city
|Friday04 December||Dog Project Five friends joining the musical tastes and love for Mediterranean traditions. Place: Parafono 130 Asklepios & Cyrene St. h 23.00 € 10Apurimac Indian Music/Afrocuban/ Place: Cafe Alavastron 78 Damareos St. Pangrati h 23.00 €10 Students €8|
The Burger Project* Performing live full of energy and humor, cover versions of modern music Place: Orient Live 18 Komninon St. (1st floor) h 22.30 € 5
|Saturday05 December||80’s,60’s Pop and Britpop Party Place: Nouvelle Decadance 87 Emmanuel Benaki St Exarchia. h 22.00 FreeOpeth Swedish progressive metal Place: Gagarin 205 205 Liosion Av. Attiki metro L1. € 35 www.ticketpro.gr|
Minino Garay “magician of percussion” jazz/flamenco/tango Place: Gazarte 32-34 Voutadon, Gazi. h 22.00 From € 25
|Sunday06 December||Dimitris Kritikos, Lia Hide Electronic Sets with live vocals Place: City 43 Haritos St, Kolonaki. Free entrance.One Note Stand Funk, jazz, acoustic music. Part of the event “Christimas Magic World” Place: Badminton Theater Alsos Stratou, Metro Line 3: Katechaki Station) h 20.00 Free|
Al Mahabba* Etnic music, Arab six-members band. Place: Thousand and two nights 10 Karaiskaki, Psirri. h 2230 € 10
|Monday07 December||Jazz on tap Modern jazz trio of guitar-bas-drums Place: Bacaro 1 Sophocleous St. h 22.00 Free entrance.Kostas Papadopoulos Greek Music Place: Thousand and two nights 10 Karaiskaki, Psirri. h 22.30 €10|
|Tuesday08 December||Sensual Vibes Quarter* Vocal jazz rhythms and soul Place: Doors 25-29 Karneadou, Kolonaki. Free.A Place to bury strangers Experimental rock band from New York Place: Rodeo 34 Heyden, Victoria Sq. h 21.00 € 23|
Urban Minds Classical and hard rock seleccions. Place: After Dark 31 Didotou & Ippokratous h 23.00 € 5
|Wednesday09 December||Paneuropean Students Friendship Nights Place: Nouvelle Decadance 87 Emmanuel Benaki St Exarchia. h 22.00 Free entrance. Drinks €4 Beers €3Nonda & Microchip Cats In the original funky rock Place: After Dark 31 Didotou & Ippokratous h 23.00 € 5|
|Thursday 10 December||“Zorba the Greek”* Movie Night at the hostel. Classic Greek movie shot in the island of Crete h 21.30Let’s kiss and make up A pure indie pop night (twee, brit, electro) Place: Blink Karytsy Sq. h 21.00 Free|
Mama 2 u Dance group Almalgam presents its newest production Place: Beton 7 7 Pydna St. Botanikos. € 18-10
- Cheapart Exhibition of 15 years of cheapart TAF (The Art Fountation) 5 Normandou St. Monastiraki. Art Bar in a courtyard of a neoclassical building . Open from h 19-.00 till late.
- “Urban Art II” Urban Art/Street/Graffiti Until 07/12 (Technopolis 100 Pireos St. Gazi) Free
- Mark America Exhibition Retrospective exhibition of the American artist and pioneer in the media arts fields. Until 03/01. (National Museum of Comtemporany Art Vas. Georgiou Β’ 17-19 and Rigillis St. Metro Evangelismos)
- “Beyond the silence” Retrospective of the Iranian artist Y.Z Kami – paintings, sculpture, drawings, photographs and collages- Until 10/01 Entrance 3€ / 1,5€ students. (National Museum of Contemporany Art. Vas. Georgiou Β’ 17-19 and Rigillis St. Metro Evangelismos)
- “The Creation of Image” Warhol/Icon: Until 06/01 (Byzantine and Christian Museum, 15 Vassilis Sofias Av.) Tue-Sun 8.30-15.00
- Warhol Screen test Until 06/01. (Potnia Thiron Gallery, 7 Zaimi St, Exarchia) Mon-Fri 10-21
- The Complete Sculptures of Edgar Degas 74 bronze sculptures. Until 25/04. (Herakleidon Museum 16 Herakleidon St Thisio. € 6 students € 4
- Exhibitions at New Benaki Museum 138 Pireos Av. Kerameikos L3) Wen,Thu-Sun 10:00-18:00 Fri-Sat 10:00-22:00 €3
-European Squares Exhibition dedicated to the squares of Europe. Until 6/12.
–Stop Carré A tribute to Nikos Koundouros. Photographs.
–The Perspective of time Paintings from the Sotiris Felios Coleccion
04 Friday – 05 Saturday -06 Sunday
APhF 09 Athens Photo Festival Photographic work cover a surface of 5000 square meters, full of exhibitions and video installations. Place: Esplanade Building (next to Tae Kwon Do Court), Water Plaza, Faliron Olympic Complex (Tram stop Delta Falirou)
3 €, unlimited visits 7 € Opening hours: Tue-Sat 17.00-22.00, Sun 12:00-22:00
Best of Momix* Wizards of performance art, dancer-miracle workers, actor-acrobats. Having earned international recognition over the last 30 years, Momix take us through the best moments of their career. Place: Pallas Theatre 5 Voukourestiou St. Syntagma. h 21.00 € 30
04-12 DEC – PLESSAS IN NEW YORK @ AT HALF NOTE*
Known as the “Greek Gershwin,” Mimis Plessas is a great composer with a vast repertoire of classic hit songs, scores, theatre music, jazz, and symphonic pieces to his name throughout his 50-plus year career. Born in Athens, Greece, this internationally renowned multi award-winning Greek composer is considered one of the most popular Greek composers of our time. Don’t miss them at Halfnote 17 Trivonianou St. Mets District. (Lines 1-2 Leoforous Vouilagmenis) h 22:30. Tickets from €30 (€20 students) with drink.