Athens Art and Cultural Association leaflet issue 35
Events in the city
|Friday9 October||MTV DAY 2009* Tokio Hotel, Myronas Stratis, Professional Sinnerz and more… Place: OAKA Basketball Arena 37 Kifissias St. Maorussi. Nearest Train Station: Irini & Neratziotissa Stations (L1) h 17:00. Ticket € 7 (1) Opening Party of Exhibition “You & You” Project Space + After Party. Place: 6 D.O.G.S 6-8 Avramiotou St. h 21.00 Free.|
J*Star & Dj Shepdog Catch Dj Sets Place: Bios 84 Pireus St. h. 22.30 € 5
|Saturday10 October||M.O.B 1st year Anniversary Party drum ‘n bass show Place: Funky! Earth Bar 1 Aristofanous St. Psirri Sq. h 22.00 Free entrance. Birthday cake for everyone!Tarja in Concert* Lyric Soprano. Place: Gagarin 205 205 Liosion St. h 21:15 (Doors will open at 18.30 with other performances) € 30|
Mirko Loko DJ Electronic Music Place: Blend Club 11 Aristophanes St. Psirri. h 12.00 pm € 22 with drink
|Sunday11 October||The Bitters Band Live Electric rhythm n ‘blues and soul jazz Place: 6 D.O.G.S 6-8 Avramiotou St. h 21.30 Free.|
|Monday12 October||Half on Mondays* – Half price live Jazz. h 22:00. From 15€. Place: Halfnote. 17 Trivonianou St.|
|Tuesday13 October||Cava Canava Birthday Party Music and surprises at the beautiful liquor Store. Place: Cava Canava 63 Efroniou & Dioxarous h 8:00-11:00. FreePlace: Mommy’s Bar Restaurant 4 Delfon St. Kolonaki.|
|Wednesday14 October||Kevin Costner & Modern West* Rock/Country Place: Badminton Theatre Alsos Stratou, Metro Line 3: Katechaki Station) h 21.00 €35-150 www.ticketnet.gr|
|Thursday 15 October||One Hour Before The Trip – Since / Time Rock/Experimental/Psycodelic Performance Place: An Club 13-15 Solomou St. Exarchia. h 21:00 €8|
(1) Selling Ticket Points for MTV Day: 1. www.ticketservices.gr 2. Public Music Store, Syntagma Square 3. Ticket House, 42 Panepistimiou St.
9-15 OCT @ TONINO CAROTONE AT THE HALF NOTE JAZZ CLUB*
Events @ AthenStyle
Sunday 11 & Thursday 15 Free Citywalks. Join us to a walk through downtown Athens. We will visit the city centre, historical sites, an a museum.
h 10.15 at AthenStyle Lounge
Ongoing Exhibitions in Art Bars (free)
- “Other world’s souvenirs” Art Exhibition. Until 22/10. (TAF 5 Normanou St, Monastiraki) 2 min. from the hostel!! Have a drink in a cultural environment. Opening hours 19.00 to 1.00.
- Katerina Kyriazopoulou – Pop-art collage. Until 31/12. (Zazzium, 33 Ippokratous & Didotou, Exarchia)
Ongoing Exhibitions in Art Galleries
- Warhol/Icon: the Creation of Image. Until 06/10 (Byzantine and Christian Museum, 15 Vassilis Sofias Av.) Tue-Sun 8.30-15.00
- Warhol Screen test Until 06/10. (Potnia Thiron Gallery, 7 Zaimi St, Exarchia) Mon-Fri 10-21
- Mark Titchner Exhibition. Light boxes, video and sculpture installations. Until 21/10 (Hellenic American Union Galleries 22 Μassalias St., Κolonaki. Panepistimio Metro L2) Free
- “Dom” Art Exhibition. Until 10/10 (a.antonopoulou.art, 20 Aristofanous, Psyrri)
- “Man, Dream and Fear” Art Exhibition of Palle Nielsen, Danish graphic artist. Until 25/10 (Cycladic Art Museum, 4 Neof. Douka) Mon-Sat 10-17 Tuesday closed.
- Manolis Babusis. Installation without title in a neoclassical building. Until 4/10. (Center of Modern Art Ileana Tiounda. Direction: Keramikou, Thermiopilon, Keramikos
- “Wood Sculptures” Sculpted Stories. Until 16/10. (Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Athens 50 Academias St.) Tue-Sat 9-13/17-21 Sunday 9-13.
- “Ancient Athenian Women”* – Temporary Exhibition. Until 30/11. 5€. (National Archaeological Museum, 44 Patission Ave.)
- James Ensor. Art Exhibition of the Belgian expressionist. Until 1/12 (New Benaki Museum Pireos, 138 Pireos Av. Kerameikos L3) Wen,Thu-Sun 10:00-18:00 Fri-Sat 10:00-22:00 €3
- Foto Grafity II Photography Exhibition of the urban landscape introducing “new art” and “graffiti” (Cultural Centre of the Municipality of Athens 50 Academias St.) Tue-Sat 9-13/17-21 Sunday 9-13.
Cine Thissio The oldest of the Athens summer cinemas made in 1935. Take a view of the illuminated Acropolis and try the cheese pie, hot dog or the cold sour cherry drink. (7 Apostolou Pavlou St. Thissio)
From 9 Friday to 11 Sunday: Hangover (USA-Germany) Original version. h 22:30
Elli Cinema Once in a lifetime (UK-USA) Original version 19.00, 20.45, 22.30
(64 Akadimias St. Metro Panepistimio)
NEW ACROPOLIS MUSEUM OPENING TO THE PUBLIC*:
From 21 June 2009 to 31 December 2009, the cost of entry for all visitors is 1 euro. Open: Tuesday to Sunday 8.00-20.00h.